Virtual Data Centre
Interoute Virtual Data Centre (VDC) is Interoute's scalable, fully automated Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solution. VDC provides on-demand computing, storage and applications integrated into the heart of your IT infrastructure. It replaces the need to buy, manage and maintain physical IT infrastructure and is built into Interoute's fibre connected physical Data Centres across Europe. It's simple to provision, scalable, compliant and cost effective.
- Fully automated
- Scalable and flexible
- Easy migration
- Online portal
- European data centres
- Public and private
Public Cloud Simplicity, Private Cloud Security
The Interoute VDC address the critical success factors of the IT manager when choosing whether to build a private cloud or buy a public one.
- Security – built into the fabric of Interoute’s MPLS network, VDC leverages the secure standard for corporate networking. MPLS provides "Internet any-to-any access" but with label separated security.
- Compliance – Interoute has the largest footprint, control and ownership of its own facilities in Europe, ensuring location and access control is sensitive to your demands.
- Integration – Interoute VDC can be used either to extend your web presence or build out your internal corporate IT infrastructure. Use our API to control your VDC infrastructure directly from you existing applications.
- Public and private on the same platform - The integration of Interoute’s MPLS/IP network makes this a cloud delivered either using the Internet or as part of your corporate infrastructure, eliminating the cost and resource constraints of the private cloud.
- Architecture – Hypervisor independent and open standards based, ensures that as technology changes Interoute is able to lead, react and respond with a best in class service.
- Fully automated backup and disaster recovery – Storage options include the ability to create local and remote copies of all you data continuously with the click of a mouse. You can choose whether the volume you need is standalone, replicated locally or remotely in one of the many Interoute Virtual Data Centre zones.
Interoute VDC vs. AWS EC2
Interoute Virtual Data Centre has arrived just in time for Saatchi, as our latest e-marketing campaign involved staging videos that require a lot of resources and which we knew would attract a big audience. The flexibility of Interoute Virtual Data Centre has allowed us to increase our capacity to support hosting of large data volumes as well as a large number of connections: 2.5 million visitors in just a month and a half.
- Pierre Henri Tirloy, Head of Digital production at Saatchi & Saatchi + Duke